Friday, February 3, 2012

Chronicle 6: A Beauty Tutorial

Part 1: Hot Mama's Must Haves

One of my favorite things to do online is watch beauty tutorials and read beauty blogs. I absolutely love learning about skincare, makeup, and new techniques and trends in the beauty industry. Taking care of my skin and hair is a big priority for me... I mean, we only get one shot with them, why not invest?! This is why I do not mind spending a bit more money on beauty products. There are, of course, a few drugstore products that are amazing (a few of which made my Must Have list).

Healthy skin is a great base for makeup, and depending on how clear it is, you can even skip the foundation! I keep my face clear with a consistent regimen. Baby G has 2 morning naps at this point, so I use that time to take a shower and perform the morning routine. My evening routine is completed after he goes to sleep. If he's awake, I will pop him in the exersaucer and move it where I can see him. Sometimes we'll jam out to the 90s. So, no excuses, hot mamas; it can be done almost daily! Truth be told, once a day is better than nothing.

                                                                  http://www.trendstyleimage.com/uploads/articles/40/image.jpg

My morning routine:
1. I use my Clarisonic Mia for one minute, with Clarins Cleansing Milk with Alphine Herbs, which is super creamy and fairly inexpensive (around $25 at Sephora). The Clarisonic Mia is a wonderful tool that I would highly recommend. It is wonderful at exfoliating and smoothing fine lines, and your makeup application will be much smoother.

2. Once a week I use a thin layer of Peter Thomas Roth Clinical Peel & Reveal Dermal resurfacer, a pumpkin enzyme mask that only takes around 1-3 minutes depending on how sensitive your skin is.

3. Clarins Toning Lotion with Chamomile applied with a cotton ball in a circular motion. This is a very important and often missed step. Toner not only removes excess makeup and dirt from the face, but it restores your skin's PH balance after washing it, and readies the skin for moisturizing. 

4. ROC Retinol Correxion Eye cream (a drugstore find!). It is essential that you use a separate eye cream, and not just your moisturizer. Eye creams are specially made for the delicate skin around your eyes! This helps with dark under circles, as well (for all my sleepless hot mamas!).

5. Jack Black Double Duty Face Moisturizer, SPF 20 with Blue Algae & Sea Parsley - what a mouthful! It's my husband's, and I love it. Super light and less expensive than my other moisturizers. On mornings I will be leaving the house, I mix it with Caudalie's all natural Vinoperfect Day Perfecting Fluid with SPF 15. It is on the expensive side, but well worth it. I have yet to find a better sunblock, primer, and illuminator all in one.

Caudelie Vinoperfect Day Perfecting Fluid. Primer and illuminator in one! 

My evening routine is pretty much the same, although I use eye makeup remover first, and I leave out the Vinoperfect Day Perfecting Fluid. If my skin is super dry, like during the winter, I will use a more heavy duty moisturizer, like L'Oreal Age Perfect Night Cream, another drug store find.

My Hot Mama Must Haves :
Foundation: Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra Light Skin Perfecting Makeup Instant Natural Radiance, SPF 15 
Blush: Nars Orgasm
MAC Satin Taupe eye shadow
Mally black eyeliner (QVC, lasts for days)
L'Oreal Millionize mascara
Mary Kay eye makeup remover (used for YEARS!)
Eyeko Strawberry Fat Balm (cream blush/lip blush)
Ren Ultra Moisture Day Cream

MAC Satin Taupe, a flattering shade for any skin tone. Swipe across eyelid for day, layer for smoky eye at night!



I will be posting a video tutorial on how I use these products in my day to day life. For now, here's a sneak peek! 

How I use them:

Hot Mama Fast Face, or the “Welcome Home, Honey” face:
1. Spot touch up with Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage 
2.  C.O. Bigelow Apothecaries Mentha Lip Buffer (to smooth lips and freshen breath)
3. Eyeko Strawberry Fat balm as cream blush on lips and cheeks
4. Bobbi Brown Tortoiseshell Eye Palette, with darkest shadow as eyeliner
5. Coat of Millionize mascara if needed

Stay tuned for Part 2... I will be breaking down the morning skin care regimen,  and the Fast Face and Date Face makeup routines in a video!

xoxo,
The Hot Mama

**Disclaimer: I am not paid to endorse these products, I just really, really love them!!

Check out the Hot Mama on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/thehotmamachronicles and Pinterest  http://pinterest.com/OneHawtMama/ !!

1 comment:

Leave a supportive comment for your fellow hot mamas & me! xo

Readers