I have always, always said that the only thing standing in your way is yourself. Is this belief compromised when I modify my bucket list? I suppose so. After having a baby, my priorities shifted. I can't imagine jumping out of a plane (again) when I have a little life waiting for me on the ground. I also can't imagine backpacking across Europe for weeks, bungee jumping, or spelunking in a cave other than Mammoth. I'm not claustrophobic, but have you SEEN those scary cave movies? Like where blind cave fish evolved into human being like creatures that can crawl up walls and ceilings? No thanks!
I was able to accomplish several things on my pre-baby bucket list, but I am so excited to expand it to include my son. Here is the official Hot Mama (Modified) Bucket List:
5. Travel overseas
6. Visit all 50 states
10. Get that book published!
11. Learn how to fly a plane
12. Buy a motorcycle
15. Learn how to forgive, even when I can't forget (Work in progress)
16. Teach my children how to be compassionate people
18. Watch my children graduate from kindergarten, high school & college
19. Be a mother in law that my son is proud of (We will see...)
20. Sell the house and travel the country RV style with the hubs once we are empty nesters
21. Earn a Master's and/or Doctorate degree
Of course, as my life evolves, so will my bucket list. I hope to keep adding to it as I cross items off. Mommyhood is adventurous enough, for now. It presents an entirely new sets of challenges. It shows me what I'm made of. I wouldn't miss a thing.
So, mamas, tell me. What's on your bucket list? What are some of your favorite cross-offs? What things do you need a little shot of courage to complete? Be sure to leave a comment below!
The Hot Mama
Check out the Hot Mama on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/thehotmamachronicles and Pinterest http://pinterest.com/OneHawtMama/ !!