Monday, February 13, 2012

Chronicle 7: A Beauty Tutorial

Part 2: Video Vixen

Hey hot mamas! You know, I’ve been looking forward to filming this video for quite some time. Maybe it’s just me, but I have always been curious about other people’s daily routines, as well as the why’s and how’s behind it. Step by step tutorials are how I learn best, and the fact that you see a clear before and after is exciting (Is there such a thing as a beauty nerd?!). 

             Beautiful nerd? 

On the last post I outlined my morning skincare routine, and gave a sneak peek of the Hot Mama Fast Face. A product list can be found here. All of the products I use are for sensitive and/or dry skin, so please take that into account if you are looking to incorporate any of the products I show on the video. Also, I will make suggestions for alternative products when I can. If you have any questions about how/why I use the products, how to apply them, or where to find them, please leave a comment at the end of either Beauty Tutorial post!

Here we go, ladies! (Please forgive my terrible video taking/editing/tech skills...or lack thereof!)


***VIDEO TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES***



Beauty Tutorial Breakdown:

My morning routine:
1. Clarisonic Mia for one minute with Clarins Cleansing Milk
2. Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme peel for 1-3 minutes (once a week)
3. Clarins Toning Lotion, applied in circular motion with cotton round
4. ROC Retinol Correxion Eye cream
5. Jack Black Double Duty Moisturizer with SPF 20 (mixed with Caudalie Vinoperfect Day Perfecting Fluid on the mornings I will be leaving the house)



Hot Mama Fast Face, or the “Welcome Home, Honey” face:
1. Spot touch up with Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage 
2.  C.O. Bigelow Apothecaries Mentha Lip Buffer (to smooth lips and freshen breath)
3. Eyeko Strawberry Fat balm as cream blush on lips and cheeks
4. Bobbi Brown Tortoiseshell Sand Eye Palette, with darkest shadow as eyeliner
5. Coat of Millionize mascara if needed




Hot Mama Date face or, “Mom’s watching the kids” face:
1. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation, put on with foundation brush
2. Spot touch-up with Laura Mercier Secret Camoflouge
3. Laura Mercier finishing powder or Mary Kay mineral powder in Ivory
4. Nars Orgasm blush
5. Bobbi Brown eyebrow pencil in Blonde
6. Two coats Millionize mascara
7. Mally black eyeliner
8. Satin Taupe, Bobbi Brown Tortoiseshell eye shadows – smoky eye
9. Clinique Black Honey lip gloss
10. Perfume: Flowerbomb by Victor Rolf, or Violet Blonde by Tom Ford (depending on how sexy I want to feel!) 


Friends, mamas... I hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I enjoyed making it! For someone as     challenged as me in the tech department, I hope that future posts are created much quicker and are not as primitive. Thanks for patiently standing by! I love you all.

Leave any questions you have in the comment section below. I look forward to hearing from you!

Xoxo, 
The Hot Mama

Check out the Hot Mama on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/thehotmamachronicles and Pinterest  http://pinterest.com/OneHawtMama/ !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a supportive comment for your fellow hot mamas & me! xo

Readers